DIS believes strong communities are created when people and companies give back to the communities where they live and work. DIS is committed to making a difference in the deaf community by serving as advocates and leaders.
DIS is a community partner with numerous nonprofit organizations, including:
- AccessAbility Fest planning team (www.accessabilityfest.com)
- San Antonio Independent Living Services (SAILS) ADA Celebration advisory board
- UTHSC Nursing Advisory Council (NAC)
- Supporter of Alamo Community Association of the Deaf (ACAD)
- Donating hundreds of SPURS tickets to various organizations
- Various scholarships and sponsorships awarded